Welcome to the RIKC Blog

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

A Letter to Mr. Don Harkins, C.E.O.

Dear Mr. Harkins,

I recently completed several weeks of the day program with Doil Dover who had a stroke in October of 2013.  I wanted to take the time to tell you about our experience at your facility.

First, I want to say I have been a nurse for 35 years both on the floor and administratively.  Doil is like a father to me.  I have known him and his family for more than 20 years.  So that being said, I want to express my and his family's appreciation for all that was done at the Rehab Institute.

And let me say, it was a lot.  I can't possibly remember all of the staff members names, but from the moment we arrived by Leonard at the front desk, we were taken care of.  From admissions to the Day Hospital and into the gym, things were handled professionally and completely.

Tanika and Keith work seamlessly in taking care of clients when everyone first arrives in the morning, and they do it in a calm, patient, and personal manner, always being respectful and providing dignity to each individual.  They are skilled and pro-active.

Each and every therapist inside the facility worked professionally with Doil, and yet they treated him as an individual, always giving positive feedback and facing the challenges with humor and a smile.  I was impressed by the type of equipment that was provided and the creative tasks they came up with to address each individual person's needs.  What they really do is transform lives, I can't imagine anything more important.  And it wasn't just Doil.  I watched as they cared for the youngest to oldest; every challenge you can imagine and always with positive, realistic attitudes.  They left room for hope which sometimes is all you have.

The facility provided wonderful support to the families. I felt listened to and valued as part of the treatment plan for Doil.  The environment was relaxed; which considering how stressful this can be for the client and families is so important.

Information on how Doil was doing was easy to obtain and complete.  Cheri was amazing at keeping all of the bases covered but always took time to lend an ear and give support when needed.

Everyone from the bottom floor of the building up, regardless of their job, was friendly and helpful.  Everything was always clean and the bathrooms are spacious for the clients.

I am a very detail oriented individual and my standards for care (my staff will tell you) seems unreachable, but I can tell you that everyone at the Institute deserves my heartfelt thanks for a job well done.  I couldn't find one thing that I thought could have been done better.  I would be proud to manage a facility such as this.  I have recommended your facility to everyone I know and I have also let all of the physicians involved in Doils care know that this is an excellent place to refer to.

Please extend my gratitude as well as the Dover's for all that you have done for someone who is close to my heart.  We won't forget your kindness and may God bless you in what you do.  Because it's amazing and so is your entire staff.

Thank You!

Sincerely,

L.R. and the Dover Family

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to The Victory Blog!

This is a place for sharing stories of personal growth, strength, small and large successes, and the most relevant topics regarding our services. We hope you will enjoy the journey with us as we continue to build brighter futures for people of all ages who have experienced a limiting condition such as brain injury, stroke, or developmental disability.